- Childbirth Cornerman’s Guide. pdf | web/responsive
- Document folder—insurance cards, birth plan, admission forms, etc.
- Change of comfortable clothes
- Pajamas and slippers for the overnight stay.
- Long-sleeve shirt, hoodie—hospitals can be cold.
- Board shorts for time in the shower helping your wife.
- Toiletries: toothbrush, razor, shampoo, deodorant.
- Comfortable shoes—you may do a lot of walking.
- Food and drinks in a small cooler.
- Energy drinks, trail mix.
- Pen and pad of paper.
- Insurance/hospital forms, your ID.
- Cell phone, charger, and earphones.
- Laptop computer.
- External USB power bank.
- Power strip with an extension cord.
- Bluetooth speaker/player with her favorite music.
- Camera with a memory card, charged battery.
- Address book/phone numbers to announce the birth.
- Book, magazines, games, cards—it can be a marathon.
- Headache medication (most hospitals won’t provide it).
- Your pillow and a blanket.
- Nice, soft toilet paper.
- Optional: a small air mattress so you can sleep at night.
- Nightgown, robe, slippers, socks (bring extra).
- Toiletries and makeup (hair bands/chapstick).
- Her pillow.
- Change of clothes and going home outfit.
- Pain-easing aids: tennis ball, massager, lotion, etc.
- Hard candies, snacks for after the birth.
- Book, magazines.
- Cell phone, (iPad/laptop) chargers and earphones.
- Her favorite food and beverage
- ID cards.
For Your Baby
- Outfit for going home.
- Hat and booties to stay warm.
- 2 blankets for swaddling, etc.
- Installed car seat.
“A handheld, battery-powered electric fan with foam blades might as well have been duct taped to my left hand during my wife's labor. Keeping a nice even stream of fresh air was key to helping her feel as comfortable as possible. That was really the only thing that was helpful throughout the entire process.” - Veteran Dad
Base Camp © 2020 Boot Camp for New Dads
All Rights Reserved | Boot Camp for New Dads is a non-profit organization
Do you have questions? Feedback on the site? Parenting tips and tricks to share?
Send what you've got to Dads Adventure through this handy form.
Dads Adventure, Inc.
15375 Barranca Pkwy # C107
Irvine, CA 92618